Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Inside Scoop: My First Bachelorette Party


This past weekend I attended my FIRST EVER (and definitely first of many) bachelorette party.  It was for my long time family friend, and soon to be bride in April, the beautiful Kimberly Baxter.  I was so excited to come home and celebrate one of the last single nights of my good friends life.
Kim’s best friend Brenna threw the SURPRISE bachelorette party, and I thoroughly enjoyed having an inside scoop and look to one of the most fun times in the wedding process.  Now, I was the youngest one at the party, and also one of the few single gals, so I wasn’t sure what I was in for, but boy, did these women know how to have a fun time and really show Kimmy a good “last” night out. 

We started off the bachelorette party at a restaurant in my town, Kim’s favorite restaurant, where she thought she was just going to dinner with her Mom before her cousin’s play.  She was so excited when she saw us all there.  Dinner was delish, definitely put on some pounds for that one, but it was worth every bite!  After we drove about an hour north to Colorado Café.  Now, I’ve never been to this bar, but I was for sure excited to try something new.  We first went to the hotel, where we decked Kim out in her bachelorette attire, toasted to champagne and got excited for the night ahead.  I was a little skeptical when I saw Kim’s attire contained a cowgirl hat, I couldn’t even imagine the type of place we were going to.  This is where I learned bachelorette parties all didn’t have to have a set script or stereotype.  Some may love the Vegas, Mardi Gras, Tropical getaway type of bachelorette party, but this night and events were perfect for the perfect bride.  At Colorado Café, the place was packed.  There were people of all ages, of all types and all ready for some fun.  There was line dancing, bull riding, a live cover band, so many bars, a pool room, dance floor and lots of drinks.  It was the perfect scene for this small group of friends, and exactly what Kim’s cup of tea would entail.  We had a book of “coupons” that Kim had to do throughout the night, and she really had fun completing all the tasks.  Dancing with a random guy, dancing on a bar, telling everyone she was a bride and so much more.  She enjoyed going from one new, crazy task to the next.  She rode the bull, while everyone was cheering “Bride to be,” she danced on the bars and stage and even learned how to line dance.  She took all her drinks like a champ but never once was THAT sloppy embarrassing girl.  After all the fun at the bar, we went back to the hotel and continued the night with fun stories and more good times.  The night was perfect FOR Kim, and everything I would want it to be, and hopefully what she would have wanted.
 
The bridesmaids really did their part in planning a bachelorette party that Kim would love, not what they would necessarily love.  That is the most important thing to remember when planning a bachelorette party for your bride.  This night is about the bride to be, and what she would want to do, and what makes her feel comfortable.  You never want to put the bride in a position she won’t feel comfortable in just because that is what the stereotypical bachelorette party entails.
There are so many fun and different ways to throw the best bachelorette party.  Kim’s was perfect for her and I enjoyed every bit of it.  It truly is a great night to step away from all the stress and planning of the wedding and to go out and have fun with the friends who mean the most to you.  The possibilities are endless, and I can’t wait to plan many more bachelorette parties down the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment